Sebewaing Angler of the Year Walleye Outing

This is where to post all things about the Angler of the Year (AOTY) Outings as well any other outings - River, Surf & Pier & Otherwise -held in the past.
channing

Sebewaing Angler of the Year Walleye Outing

Post by channing » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Sebewaing Angler of the Year outing July 6, 2019
The Sebewaing Angler Outing was not one of our best outings as far as turnout is concerned. Thirteen anglers competed out of five boats. The good news is we had really good weather and everyone caught fish.
Pre-fishing on Friday was a little dicey because there were storm cells on the Bay one after another. However, all of them were tracking North so it was fishable. Channing got out for a couple of hours on Friday but when I heard a rumble of thunder we pulled lines immediately and headed in with only one Walleye kept and several farm animal throwbacks.
On Saturday morning the weather was just about perfect and everyone got out on time. Most of us started with night-crawler harnesses on bottom bouncers but other methods were used as well. Finding the Walleye and staying on them was the plan. Those who did that came in with the best catch.
By noon the wind started to pick up noticeably and several of us headed for port. Those who waited a while ended up with a wet bumpy ride in but it never got to where it was dangerous as long as you were back in by 1 pm.
Adam Plank will post the official results but here is my unofficial tally. Best four by total weight:

1. Fred Chartier (8.85#)
2. Brad Walton (8.4#)
3. Mark Wyrick (7.3#)
4. Del Tanner (7.1#)
5. Steve Johnston (6.5#)
6. Anna Kulpa (5.1#)

Biggest fish contest was won by Brad Walton with a 2.6 LB Walleye good for $65.

Adamwest

Re: Sebewaing Angler of the Year Walleye Outing

Post by Adamwest » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:40 am

I am glad you posted the results because I thought Brad had 6.4 and it allowed me to fix the mistake.