2017 Fishin tales

A place to report problems and offer suggestions related to the DAS Website - PLEASE START A NEW THREAD FOR EACH NEW PROBLEM OR SUGGESTION
Adamwest

2017 Fishin tales

Post by Adamwest » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:10 pm

I am the only one that is having trouble seeing the 2017 Annual Fishin Tales?

Adamwest

Re: 2017 Fishin tales

Post by Adamwest » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:20 am

It is working now thanks!

Steve Hamilton

Post by Steve Hamilton » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Sure wish it was still mailed out for all issues. I know Bob had time issues that prevented that sometimes in 2016, but I hope we can get it back in the mail. I hate trying to read a magazine online.

BigMaMa

Post by BigMaMa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 am

Well said Steve

That's 2 votes for a printed news letter. Know the board needs to get off
their asses and make up their minds.

BigMaMa

Vicki's Seacret

Post by Vicki's Seacret » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:02 am

Steve, & “Big Mama”,

Thank you for your comments. The Board of Directors appreciates input and feedback from our members.

This topic of printed versus emailed newsletters has been discussed frequently by the BOD over the past few years. There are several pros / cons for both formats. I think the biggest issue is that creating and printing the newsletter is a big, time-consuming task. This is possibly the most demanding of any of the BOD responsibilities (especially for someone that already has a full-time job to deal with). The DAS has been very fortunate that Bob Ksionzek has volunteered for so many years to write and publish the monthly newsletters for us. Bob has done a commendable job and a great service for the club.

Recently, Board member Chris Turak has volunteered to assume responsibility for creating the Newsletters, and club member Don Mikros has volunteered to assist with printing the copies for mailing (thanks Chris and Don!!!). Chris and Don are not yet sure what they are stepping into, and reserve the option to revert to the emailed version. So we will see how things shake out. In the meantime we might have a few more months of emailed newsletters while Chris and Don are getting familiar with the computer software and printer.

Also, be aware that the Newsletter is always in need of articles to be published every month. Articles from our members are very welcome. The article can be on whatever topic you want to write about. If you have an article to submit, please don’t hesitate to let Chris Turak know about it. I’m sure he will be very grateful.

Bob Feisel

Bad Dog

Post by Bad Dog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:08 pm

The February newsletter is in the works now and will be in the mail sometime next week. Chris is looking to expand and improve the format. If anyone would like to contribute an article, please forward it to christurak@yahoo.com . It can be about a favorite recipe, fishing technique, location, trip, report, or even a letter to the editor.

Bad Dog

March Newsletter

Post by Bad Dog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:17 pm

The March Fishin' Tales II newsletter hits the post office today. DAS members should start seeing it in their mail box's later this week. A special thank you to Chris Turak and Don Mikros for making it possible.

After seeing what these guy's go through putting this together, I have a greater appreciation for the work Bob Ksionzek and Bob Mitchell did when they published the newsletter.

Adamwest

April fishin tales

Post by Adamwest » Thu May 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Just FYI,

I don't think the April edition has been uploaded or else I am having trouble viewing it.

Thanks,
Adam

BigMaMa

Post by BigMaMa » Thu May 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Hang in there Adam.

April and May should be up in the next couple days.

Are you getting the hard copies ? Aprils went out about 4-12-17.

Mays went today.

Don

Adamwest

Post by Adamwest » Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Thanks Don.

Yes, I am getting the hard copies.

I don't get the emailed version. I never got that so I don't know if that is still an option.

I enjoy the convenience of having it one click away and if there are others that count on it I just thought I would mention that I couldn't see it and I think I normally can see it before I get it in the mail.

Tight lines,
Adam