Mitchell's Bay Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019

Ice Fishing Reports
channing

Mitchell's Bay Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2019

Post by channing » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:40 am

Blaise, RJ, and I went perch fishing on Mitchell's Bay today. The ice is still 8'' to 10" thick on the Bay but getting soft. The shoreline is holding up to the rain and warm temps better than I expected. There are some areas you want to avoid so go slow and keep your head on a swivel (walking or riding). It was a spoon bite all day and changing bead colors frequently was a must. As usual some sorting was required or you could come in with a bucket of small fish but with patients and effort we all came home with a nice catch. Jumbo's were rare but 9" to 11" was not uncommon. We fished 10 fow most of the day to avoid wasting all our time on tiny perch. Stay away from the Islands right now until the next good freeze. There are people fishing over there but the ice just looks bad to me. The projection is for more cold temperatures for a few days so maybe we can get in a few more trips.

You heard it here first "there is no such thing as safe ice" fish at your own peril and if you go "be careful". Dan